The Bulb Africa 2022 Fellowship Program Application with Internship Opportunities for Tech Creatives in Africa
Tech talent incubator, The Bulb Africa, has opened applications for the 4th cohort of its fellowship program! Fellowship at The Bulb is a 4–6-month training program for young tech enthusiasts across Africa.
The fellowship program offers a fulfilling experience for those looking to launch a career in tech. Intending participants simply need to pick a course, join a cohort, complete projects, and gain real experience via internships.
Since its inception, the fellowship has offered in-demand courses providing core training to help tech enthusiasts launch careers in the following coding and non-coding tech fields:
Master the guidelines for developing a wide range of mobile or web-based applications on Android, iOS, and Linux. This 6-month course teaches:
· Data structures and collections in C#
· Object-oriented programming (OOP)
· Asynchronous and IO programming
· Generics, delegates, events, and lambdas
· Language-Integrated Query (LINQ)
· Automated testing with xUnit/NUnit
· Database access with ADO.NET/EF Core
· RESTful web services with ASP.NET Core Web API
· Web applications with ASP.NET Core MVC/Razor Pages
· Securing applications with ASP.NET Core Identity
Acquire the complete knowledge of one of the most sought-after programming languages in the world today to build mobile and desktop applications from scratch. In 6 months, you will learn and practice:
· Building and styling webpages with HTML and CSS
· Server-side programming with Node JS and ExpressJS
· Working with databases, and ORMs
· Automated testing with Mocha/Jest
· Building user interfaces with React
· Managing application state with Redux
· Securing web applications
Acquire skills that facilitate communication between developers and IT operators, ensuring that companies worldwide deliver software solutions faster in a stabilized operating environment. In 6 months, Fellows will learn about:
· DevOps and the software development lifecycle
· Cloud computing with AWS and Azure
· LINUX administration and shell scripting
· Continuous integration and deployment
· Containerization with Docker
· Container orchestration with Kubernetes
· Configuration management tools
· Infrastructure automation tools
· Continuous monitoring tools
Acquire the complete knowledge of one of the most sought-after skills in the world today to build and design mobile and desktop applications, websites, and more from scratch. Over the course of 4 months, you will learn:
· Products, product design, and the product designer role
· Design thinking and human-centered design
· User research
· User experience (UX) design
· Information architecture (IA)
· User interface (UI) design
· Working with design tools
· Prototyping and usability testing
· Creating and managing a design portfolio
· Stakeholder engagement
Fast track your understanding of bringing new products to market, developing existing ones, and managing launch features at all stages of the product development lifecycle. This 4-month course covers:
· Creating and identifying opportunities
· Market research and competitor analysis
· Product development lifecycle
· Defining product vision and strategy
· Building product roadmaps
· Product development methodologies
· Building a business model canvas
· Product launch
· Understanding metrics and analytics
· Business communication / Stakeholder engagement
Acquire complete knowledge of making sense of data by building algorithms and adopting diverse techniques to discover trends that may get lost in the mass of information. Become a data analyst in 4 months via intensive training in:
· Extracting data from databases
· Extracting data from APIs
· Extracting data using web scraping tools
· Data cleaning and wrangling
· Python programming fundamentals
· Exploratory data analysis with NumPy and Pandas
· Asking the right questions from data
· Data visualization with PowerBI/Tableau
· Identifying trends in data
· Building and evaluating predictive models
Quality Assurance Testing
Master global standards and procedures for ensuring the best products and services are released into the market. In 6 months, you will learn:
· Software development life cycle
· Software testing — fundamental concepts and terminology
· Software testing — types, hierarchy, and principles
· Test documentation deep dive
· Automated testing deep dive
· API testing with Postman
· Performance testing with JMeter
· Web application testing with Selenium
Benefits of becoming a Fellow at The Bulb
· Rapidly growing network
Gain access to on-call tech professionals and lifelong support and opportunities through friendships that may evolve into professional connections.
· Obtain real work experience
Develop high-demand skills in the tech industry by completing group projects and working with fellows to develop valuable products.
· Earn as you learn
Enroll in a fellowship program that simultaneously grooms and caters to you. Receive monthly stipends for your efforts as you build your tech career.
· Flexible payment plans
Focus on acquiring all skills you need until you are hired without paying tuition. The Bulb’s tuition payment plan allows you to pay when you graduate and find a job. Alternatively, you can choose to pay upfront.
· Internship Opportunities
Put your skills to use and get a head start in your career with access to internship opportunities via partner organizations.
Eligibility and Requirements
· You must be a dedicated tech enthusiast.
· You are between the ages of 18 and 35.
· You must have a minimum of a university degree certificate.
· You must have an NYSC discharge certificate.
· You must have at least two guarantors, one relative and one non-relative.
How to Apply for The Bulb Fellowship
The application process is as follows:
· Fill in the required information and submit your application.
· Receive a home study guide to prepare for the technical assessment.
· Pass the technical assessment.
· Pass the aptitude test.
· Get invited for an interview.
· Get a conditional admission.
· Fill in your biodata form and submit mandatory documents.
· Get an unconditional admission.
· Receive your laptop and start training.
Are you interested and qualified? Applications for the new cohort are currently ongoing! Click here to apply and become a fellow at The Bulb Africa.
While applications for the new cohort are still open, it ends June 20th, 2022! So, hurry up to www.fellowship.thebulb.africa to learn more and get started.